Saturday

Abstract Collage Studies

I'm not too sure if abstract collage studies is the best way to describe this collection. What I am certain of though is that by combining mixed media such as acrylics, oil pastel, collage and pencil I've created what I feel is some compelling imagery that prepares me well for my next collection of paintings. I've found that oil pastels are superb for laying down quick strokes and areas of colour that can easily be scraped off the paper surface. In addition, pencil marks glide off the pastel surface effortlessly. Layering areas of found imagery next to areas of colour for me, accentuates the importance of the image because it isolates the picture where it has been removed from its original context.

The full collection can be found here


Marc Lawrence Abstract Collage 01

Marc Lawrence Abstract Collage 02

Marc Lawrence Abstract Collage 03

Marc Lawrence Abstract Collage 04

Marc Lawrence Abstract Collage 05

Marc Lawrence Abstract Collage 06

No comments:

Post a Comment