Wednesday

Screen Printing Blues...

The life of a plucky home screen printer is often a frustrating one and my case in point has been highlighted during this past week as several of my attempts at coating and exposing my screens have gone wrong. Having produced several successful prints before now, I decided to change my ink and emulsion supplier which is when the issues began. Under exposing has caused the emulsion to wash off immediately. Ink too runny causes it to smear under the stencil. Too much pressure on the squeegee means ink bubbles. Poor flooding produces streaking. The list of potential errors is endless. Fortunately I discovered the gigposters.com forum which has proved to be invaluable support and guidance. The guys here have years of experience of screen printing and run their own professional studios and what's best is that they encourage beginners and home users alike with the advice that's needed to get it right. At the end of the day it's all about trial & error and perseverence...Onwards and upwards.
My rubbish prints...


No comments:

Post a Comment