Saturday

Sell yourself!

One thing I've never been a natural at regarding my artistic practice is self promotion. Many people I work with are superb at this fine art and you do pick up traits of friends and colleagues from time to time. So I decided to attend an excellent evening session hosted by Patsy Dixon who runs Liberty Gallery in West Malling, Kent. The basis of her talk was how to promote your work professionally to the media with several case studies and contacts. Off the back of this I wrote my press release for the Limetree exhibition and sent it to 15 local publications. The result being a mention, all be it small, in the local paper to drum up some interest for my work... a small step but Rome wasn't built in a day!
http://www.liberty-gallery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment